Reasonable, Healthy Thinking:
– A person has an everyday goal of having one’s attire pulled together, looking presentable;
– Wanting to live in a safer, cleaner neighborhood;
– Eye-balling job tasks more than a few instances before turning in completed assignment to the boss when proficiencies are of import, and
– Parents sending their children to better schools so that offspring can have a quality educational experience.
Unreasonable, Unhealthy Thinking:
– Anyone who is anybody wears these designer clothes;
– Wanting to live at a certain zip code where “important” people reside;
– Failing to turn in job assignment to the boss within the deadline because worker is proofing to the extreme, and
– Parents demanding offspring receive all A’s on report cards.
These are foolish and damaging thought patterns and behaviors, which will result with somebody experiencing a mental health disorder.
Tabaka (2017) has a narrative about how perfection can wreck an individual’s mental health, and how dissimilar these traits are in comparison to high-achieving people in, 8 Signs You’re A Perfectionist (And Why It’s Toxic To Your Mental Health).
Tabaka, M. (2017). 8 Signs You’re A Perfectionist (And Why It’s Toxic To Your Mental Health). Retrieved From https://www.inc.com/marla-tabaka/8-signs-youre-a-perfectionist-and-why-its-toxic-to-your-mental-health.html